Urogenital Surgery or Genitourinary Surgery is a specialty that involves surgical procedures to reproductive and urinary organs. Although the functions of these organs are completely unrelated, these organs may use common ducts.The Urinary System (in males and in females) consists of kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder and urethra. The organs of the Urinary System are responsible for the formation and excretion of urine
What does Brow Lift surgery do?
The Genital or Reproductive System consists of:
- Structural Component of Reproduction – Genital or Reproductive System consists of different organs (Sex Organs) in males and in females. Female Genital System (organs) comprises of ovaries, follopian tubes, uterus, cervix, vulva and vagina. Male Genital System consists of testes, prostate gland, seminal vesicles and vas deferens.
- Neuroendocrine Component of Reproduction – The major neuroendocrine component of reproduction in males and in females is hormones secreted by the anterior pituitary and the hypothalamus in the brain. This exquisite hormonal component (from anterior pituitary) comprises of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH) and (from hypothalamus) gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH).
- Endocrine (Hormonal) Component of Reproduction – Ovaries (in females) secrete two hormones namely Estrogen and Progesterone that play an important role in the development, maturation, and function of ovaries and the uterus. Testes (in males) secretes Testosterone which primarily influences the development of the male sex organs and masculine characteristics such as facial hair and deepening of the voice.
Available Procedures (Click for details)
- Cystoscopy & Ureteroscopy
- Inguinal Hernia
- Internal Urethrotomy
- Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy
- Radical Nephrectomy
- Radical Prostatectomy
- Total Cystectomy
- Trans Vaginal Tape
- TUR-Bladder Tumour
- Transurethral Resection of Prostate
- Vesicovaginal Fistula